About the Journal
Dr. Bernardo Murillo-Amador, Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas del Noroeste, S.C.
ISO: J. Prof. Assoc. Cactus Dev.
JCR Abbrev: J PROF ASSOC CACTUS
Electronic ISSN: 1938-6648
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Web of Science Science Citation Index, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, AGRICOLA.
The Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development (JPACD) is committed to respecting and complying with the principles of transparency and good practices in academic publications in accordance with the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE http://publicationsethics.org/) and is governed by its principles. In general terms, Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development Code of Ethics refers to the integrity of the Editorial Committee, the Reviewers and the Authors, and under this argument, Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development forces the Editorial Committee to act with objectivity and transparency in the review process, so the Authors, whose manuscripts are authentic and original, and all those involved are required not to incur in scientific fraud.
The Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Committee of the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development have the following responsibilities:
- Work to maintain the good reputation of the journal, promoting only publication of original, relevant scientific and technological papers concerning the field of Cactaceaes and near family species;
- Publish on time and in proper form the annual volume of the journal;
- Determine if feasible, in terms of their relevance and adherence to the journal format, for the received manuscripts to continue in the arbitration process of arbitration;
- Ensure that national and international researchers directly related to the subject of the manuscript will conduct the reviewer process;
- Review the decisions of the referees/reviewers to take the final decision, and when the manuscript is rejected, communicate the reason(s) to the author(s);
- Preserve anonymity of both the author(s) and reviewers as well as the editors;
- Respect author´s right of reply concerning the arbitration process and the opinions of the submitted manuscript;
- Provide the authors with timely information about the state of their contribution from reception until its acceptance or rejection;
- Show transparency and respect toward the author(s) with an open attitude in terms of listening to their questions and answering accurately.
The reviewers of the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development have the following commitments:
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the manuscript received for evaluation in terms of spreading by any means its content, the authors’ names, as well as the reviewer’s resolution;
- Review and rule on only those contributions related to their research area(s);
- Read the manuscript meticulously expressing objective observations and constructive criticism;
- Avoid using disrespectful language;
- Issue a ruling, pointing out in the revised text or attached document (no name or signature) where the manuscript can be improved or the reasons the reviewed contribution should not be published;
- Comply with arbitration time (maximum three weeks) permitted for delivery to the Associate Editor, the comments, observations, the attached document (if applicable) and the decision format, properly completed;
- Be available to the Associate Editor, Editor-in-Chief, Format Editor, Administrative Executive to clarify or explain any doubt.
- Protect the confidentiality of the arbitration process, ensuring the anonymity of the reviewers and authors;
- Continually improve quality standards in the selection of manuscripts, reviewers, and the review process, always considering the scientific relevance of the manuscript, its originality, clarity and pertinence;
- Carry out the review process and opinion of the manuscripts and their content without distinction based on race, gender, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual orientation or political philosophy of the authors;
The decision of the editor to accept or reject a manuscript for publication must be based on scientific relevance and originality.
The author(s) who submit articles for publication to the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development have the following commitments:
- Send unreleased contributions, i.e. work that has not been published or in the process of being published in another journal;
- Submit outstanding scientific and technological contributions related to the Cactaceaes and near family species, properly drafted and with data (charts, graphics, images, etc.) that support the proposed hypotheses;
- Notify the Editor-in-Chief when a contribution is submitted with initial or partial data of a study to treat it as a Technical Note;
- Notify the Editor-in-Chief when a contribution is a historical type or a review to handle it as Letter to the Editor;
- Follow invariably the Author’s Guide, which is available on the journal website;
- Always give credit to the sources consulted and avoid plagiarizing data or text contributions;
- Cite author’s own ideas published in previous papers, avoiding excess to promote criticism and discussion when contrasting with ideas of other authors. The maximum similitude index accepted in the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development is 15%;
- Provide full and accurate information of the references consulted, following the format given in the Author’s Guide;
- Consider, in all seriousness, comments and recommendations from referees and Associate Editor, Editor-in-Chief or Technical Editor;
- Send promptly the information or clarifications requested by the Associate Editor, Editor-in-Chief or Format Editor;
- Show respect for the Associate Editor, Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Board of the journal, even when the decision is not favorable;
- Send the respective deposit voucher of the publishing costs promptly when requested by the Editor-in-Chief, Technical Editor or Format Editor of the journal;
- Always be available to answer any question put forth by the Associate Editor, Editor-in-Chief, Format Editor or Technical Editor.
Equity and Non-discrimination
All manuscripts received in the Open Journal System (OJS) platform of the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development are subject to evaluation based on their research originality and quality. The Editorial Board of the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development does not favor any potential authors, nor do they discriminate against any potential authors regardless of nationality, race, sex, or for any other reason or condition. Any non-compliance with these principles declared by resolution of the competent authority will be considered as indicating.
The Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development, in forming the Editorial Board group, considers the principles of equity and non-discrimination, particularly taking care of gender equity.
Open Access Policy
According the web information (Peter Suber) Open-access (OA) literature is digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions. What makes it possible is the internet and the consent of the author or copyright-holder. The Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development’ philosophy is that all investigation and scientific studies are for the benefit of human race. For this reason, the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development provides online free and open access to all its scientific publications. The Editorial Board and the Professional Association for Cactus Development affirm that research is the product of an investment by society and consequently its products should be returned to all people without frontiers or discrimination, assisting society universally and in a transparent approach
Publishing Fees Policy
There are no publication charges. The Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development has never been applied publication charges. This policy has been maintained from the beginning when the Professional Association was created and until date.
All members of the Editorial Team collaborate voluntarily; however, the Editorial Board think that a voluntary fee should be contributed for each article published in the JPACD, since it is required to pay for the maintenance of the website and its domain, among other expenses related to the Article Processing and Management.
The Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development offer an Open Access System that provides free and immediate online access to the scholarly literature for anyone in the world to distribute, reuse, and read. The Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development, as an Open Access publisher, could offsets all the costs associated with our high-quality publishing service through the voluntary fee of all published papers in JPACD. This voluntary fee can be from funders, institutions, or the same authors of the papers.
Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development Office
Av. Instituto Politécnico Nacional No. 195. Colonia Playa Palo de Santa Rita Sur.
LA PAZ, BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR
MEXICO. Postal Code 23096
Dr. Bernardo Murillo Amador
Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas del Noroeste, S.C.
Dr. Tomas Rivas-García
The editors of the Journal of the Professional Association for Cactus Development, are very excited to be a part of the excellent editorial committee and to work together to create the synergism between scientists, growers, legislators, and business people so vital to the development of this industry to serve the people of arid lands.
Published volumes are numbered consecutively.
The journal was not published in 1999, 2000 and 2002.
Copying all or parts of this document for resale requires written permission of the Professional Association for Cactus Development.
Copyright © 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 by the Professional Association for Cactus Development.
All rights reserved. Printed in the U.S.A.
ISSN 1938-6648 - Electronic
ISSN 1938-663X - Printing